1. Collection of information
When you make a purchase on matttaylor-chain.com there are different ways we gather information about you:
Personal information about you is gathered from our secure online shopping facility (excluding your payment card data).
When you place an order we ask for information such as your name, e-mail address, delivery address and contact details. We keep a record of this information. All this is necessary for us to fulfil the orders you place with us.
We retain your email address to allow us to send you newsletters. At all times you retain the right to unsubscribe. We only share your email address with our email service provider Mail Chimp, to enable us to send you notifications of new products and upcoming events.
If you make a purchase, your payment card details are processed by Paypal (an online payment provider). At no time is this information available to matttaylor-chain.com. Therefore we do not hold or store your card data.
We keep a record of your purchases with us so we can deal quickly with any problems you may experience with your order.
We keep a record of any e-mail correspondence you send us, which helps us keep track of any problems or concerns you may have regarding your order.
2. Site tracking & cookies
We use tracking software to monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of the site. This software does not enable us to capture any personally identifying information. The only Cookies used on our site expire at the end of your session. They are used to track products and add them to your basket during the purchasing process. This type of cookie does not capture any personally identifying information.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your device’s browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Cookies allow a website to recognise a user’s device. Websites can send their own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it.
For more information visit: www.allaboutcookies.org
3. Third party providers
Matttaylor-chain.com does not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others. We will not disclose your personal information to any third parties or organisations.
4. How we use your personal information
All the information we collect via our website or through correspondence with you is for legitimate interests only:
- Processing your order and providing customer care support.
- Planning and managing matttaylor-chain.com business and marketing activities, including analysing customers shopping habits and preferences and administering this website.
- Monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop and improve the design and layout of the site.
- Providing you with information about the products we offer. We will only send you updates on new products or alert you to special events which we believe will be of genuine interest to you. If you would prefer not to receive this type of information you may unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of any email we send you.
We retain a record of your order which contains your personal information. We will always hold your personal information in accordance with law and regulation.
5. Security of your personal information
We use leading technologies and encryption software to safeguard your data, and keep strict security standards to prevent any unauthorised access to it. We currently hold a SSL certificate on our Drupal Commerce site, which allows a secure connection from a web server to a browser so your personal data is kept private and protected.
Please feel free to email us at: email@example.com